An alarm specifically for modern motorhomes and American RV style vehicles that use the CANBUS digital wiring system, insurance approved with all the security and convenience features you can think of. Uses your vehicles original remote controls with extra remote controls also available. Professionally installed by people who know motorhomes.
Get yourself a cup of tea and read on for the full detail.
Designed for motorhomes and RVs
Specifically designed with motorhomes and American RV style vehicles in mind this comprehensive remote controlled alarm security system offers maximum security for your home away from home and all the comfort features you would ever require, with ease of operation being one of its key features and support for up to 6 wireless sensors such as PIR movement sensors and door/window/locker contacts.
Thatcham ABI Insurance Approved to Category 2-1 and Category L2-1 for petrol and diesel vehicles
To ensure this alarm is of the highest quality it has been assessed and approved by the ABI (Association of British Insurers) Motor Insurance Repair and Research Centre, known as Thatcham. It has been approved as meeting their extensive criteria for quality and security for use on petrol and diesel vehicles in the Category 2-1 and Category L2-1 which covers motorhomes and American RVs. This isn’t just an alarm intended for a car that might not be suitable for insurance purposes on a motorhome or RV.
A motorhome or RV is very different from a car or van in many ways and not all alarm installers realise the complexities involved in fitting a security system to one or have no experience of modern vehicles with complicated digital CANBUS wiring. We have over 20 years experience in this market and all our engineers are fully trained and vetted to make sure that your pride and joy is protected in the right way and is treated with the care an attention it deserves. The system will be demonstrated to you in full on completion.
Ease of use
This system is designed so that all the standard features can be easily operated from the vehicles original remote controls without the use of an additional remote control. However, if your vehicle has only one remote control supplied as standard, adding an additional remote control will prove more cost effective than buying an original remote control. An additional remote control is required for some features (indicated in the full feature list below).
Should you accidentally lose or damage the remote control when away there is a secure emergency override procedure so that you don’t get stuck. For your peace of mind the optional remote controls also have a panic feature that allows you to press a button to instantly set the alarm off. The optional remote controls use a military grade random encryption system to make sure a sophisticated thief cannot grab your code and clone your remote control.
The alarm protects your cab doors, bonnet and will detect movement in the cab, additional wireless PIR movement sensors and wireless magnetic contacts can protect your habitation doors, windows and lockers. If the alarm is triggered the extremely loud siren will sounds and the hazard lights will flash, you can also connect an optional pager to alert you up to half a mile away. The siren has a built in battery backup so even if a determined thief cuts all the wires to it or disconnects your vehicles battery it will still carry on sounding.
Full feature list
- Uses your vehicles original remote controls for convenience (optional additional remote controls are available)
- Secure emergency override in case of lost or broken remote controls
- Panic alarm from remote control allows you to instantly trigger the alarm (requires optional remote control)
- Highly visible flashing LED light to let people know you are protected
- Battery backup siren will carry on working even if the vehicles battery is disconnected or all the wires are cut
- Ignition Anti-Hotwire to stop the ignition key being bypassed
- Auto Rearm, alarm stays armed after it has been triggered
- Automatic arming just in case you forget (selectable)
- Flashing hazard lights on arm/disarm/alarm
- Audible indication of arm/disarm (selectable)
- Silent Arm / Silent Disarm option so you don’t disturb people in the early hours (requires optional remote control)
- Audible warning if a door is not closed properly (selectable)
- Option to automatically close electric windows when arming
- False alarm nuisance prevention
- Alarm trigger diagnostics tell you what triggered the alarm in your absence
- Option to automatically lock and unlock the cab doors when the ignition is turned on and off (selectable)*
- Output for proactive tracker or optional pager to alert you if the alarm is triggered when you are away
- Protects your cab doors and bonnet
- Temporary sensor exclusion (requires optional remote control)
- Ultrasonic movement sensor for the cab
- Optional microwave movement sensor
- Optional wireless interior motion sensor for habitation area
- Optional wireless contacts for habitation door, windows, storage lockers
- Optional 4 button remote control with military grade encryption and anti-scan/anti-grab technology
- Optional remote controls use frequency approved for use in all EU member states
- Anti-tamper Security Housing
- Very low current draw in armed state (20mA)
*Not available on certain vehicles
You can select up to 6 wireless sensors to add on to this alarm from any mix of:
- Interior motion sensor – This sensor will scan the full interior of the motor home for movement and can be isolated for night time operation.
- Door/Locker contact – This sensor will detect the opening of a storage locker, window or a door.
- Category 2-1 Approval No TU3 1448/1108
- Category L2-1 LCV Approval No TUL3 157/1108 (Light Commercial Vehicle classification, covers most motorhomes and American RVs for insurance purposes)